The Big Dog Show is a travelling large-scale public art exhibit created by award winning sculptor, Dale Rogers, and consists of twenty 8 foot high by 10 foot long Cor-Ten steel American Dog sculptures. “I created this travelling exhibit in 2009 because I strongly believe that public exposure to art is a critical component to the health of our communities. Art is a catalyst for thought, conversation and connection. Public Art goes even further by becoming a part of the community; something available for everyone,” says Dale. “I built the exhibit for a New England tour which travelled through six cities in 3 states. After seeing its success, I made the exhibit available to be rented out by corporations, individuals or non-profits as a way to raise awareness for their own organization or one they support. This temporary public art exhibit will enhance any community event you are sponsoring and is a proven crowd pleaser.”
When you rent The Big Dog Show you will get the twenty 8 x 10 foot American Dogs transported to and installed at your desired location. You will receive event and fundraising support material to help you market the event and assist in your efforts to raise awareness and funds for your organization. Dale will make every effort to be available at the kickoff event if you would like him there. Included in the cost of renting the exhibit is credit towards a permanent public sculpture from Dale Rogers Studio that will continue to enhance the community long after the temporary exhibit has departed. Once the exhibit is over, the American Dogs will be collected and transported back home or to the next event.
Since its premiere in 2009, the Big Dog Show has helped to generate more than $500,000 for different humanitarian groups/causes. Please contact us to discuss pricing, logistics, and further details on how to bring the Big Dog Show to your area and reap the benefits of not only the temporary exhibit, but permanent sculpture(s) to enhance your community.
“Adding art to public landscapes can inspire people of all ages. I want my art to invoke a thought, generate a conversation, and create a strong connection for people who view it. Historically, dogs have made positive and lasting impressions with people and I want the Big Dog Show to do the same,” says Dale. “This exhibit was initially designed as preparation for an even larger scale exhibit that I have wanted to create for open green spaces in greater metropolis areas. The Big Dog Show in existence has been met with such success and enthusiasm that I am once again fueled to move forward with my dreams of an even larger exhibit. I look forward to speaking with you about both of these exhibits.”
- The Big Dog Show consists of twenty 8 foot high by 10 foot long Cor-Ten Steel “American Dog” sculptures, each weighing about 500 pounds.
- Dale Rogers Studio will be solely responsible for the transportation, installation, and removal of the exhibit.
- Installation is typically completed in one day, though this may vary depending upon site specifics.
- Each dog has 2 base plates (one under each set of legs) that are secured to the ground with 24” threaded rod.
- Visitors will experience a “dog eye view” of the world due to the large scale of the sculptures. Clustering the dogs together in a smaller geographical space will achieve this impact far greater than spreading them out into a larger area.
- Exhibit time for The Big Dog Show is typically a couple of weeks, but can vary upon client wishes and Dale Rogers Studio’s schedule.
- We hope that this exhibit will serve you well in raising funds as well as awareness for your group(s). The fundraising page has many ideas and suggestions that we hope you find useful. To help you achieve maximum outreach and promotion we have supports available to assist you. Dale will make every effort to be available for a meet and greet or other interaction, if you so desire.
- A PDF file for an 11"x14" poster that you can customize with your facility name, show dates, and contact information.
- A PDF file for a customizable postcard if you choose to sell American Dogs as part of your fundraising activities.
- The following are available for purchase for fundraising purposes:
American Dog Button Pins